JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR SAFETY OFFICER
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Support Turnaround HSE team in line with the HSE plan and QAPCO procedures.
- Oversight the implementation of the permit to work (PTW) system, ensuring proper control measures are taken prior to commencement of work.
- Assist with Job safety analysis (JSA) preparation, review and compliance in field.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the adherence to golden rules and QAPCO procedures.
- Liaison between the CONTRACTOR, QAPCO maintenance and QAPCO operations Depts.
- Be Safety Champion out in the field by setting example.
- Supervise a team of Safety Officers/Agents working in his assigned Area/Plant.
- Report to QAPCO Senior Safety Officer responsible his assigned area/plant.
2. TASKS PERFORMED
a) Ensures QAPCO PTW procedures & all safety procedures are followed by CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL.
b) Ensure proper measures such as equipment shutdowns, isolations, gas testing and work permits are issued in a timely manner.
c) Ensure QAPCO Turnaround HSEQ plan is adhered to.
d) Ensure all Safety training (H2S/BA, PTW, Fire & Hole watches etc.) are completed and necessary valid certificates are available at site by the Contractors.
e) Provide input and support for the safe conduct of WORK by CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL during Turnarounds.
f) Provide technical assistance and counseling to the TA teams and contractors regarding any safety concerns.
g) Conducts regular work site safety inspections / audits / walk through and report the findings to QAPCO Safety.
h) Conduct regular audits to ensure the adherence of QAPCO golden rules and PPE compliance by the Contractors.
i) Attend regular meetings with QAPCO Turnaround team and Contractors to discuss the safety concerns and risk control measures.
j) Ensure all WORK areas are safe for required WORK with visits to WORK sites during critical or potentially difficult WORK.
k) Ensures co-ordination between various QAPCO divisions, sections and disciplines during Turnaround execution, to ensure that all act in harmony for smooth execution of Turnaround.
l) Participates in incident/HIPOS investigations following any incidents or HIPO NMs/Safety Observations.
m) Checking tools and safety equipment for validity and color coding.
n) Preparation of daily reports to be submitted to the QAPCO HSE team leader.
o) Reviewing method statement and participating in preparing JSA for critical tasks.
p) Ensure that all plant personnel apply safety rules and regulations and draws the attention of the superior to any infractions. Includes making regular plant tours, checks that personnel area wearing the correct protective clothing and PPEs.
q) Controls the use of Safety equipment and follow to replace defective or worn clothing and equipment by recommending supply as necessary, including removing equipment.
r) Reports any safety violations to the superior and issues near miss reports. Discusses situations and ideas with plant supervisions and Safety measures and follows up to ensure safety implementations.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. in Safety Engineering/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in NEBOSH IGC or equivalent.
- 5 years field experience in safety in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry.
- Good computer skills in word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous Turnaround experience.
- Competent in the use of safety equipment’s like portable gas detectors, Breathing Apparatus, Fire Extinguishers etc.
- Good and quick decision-making capability.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions & confront risk.
- Team working skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of internationally recognized HSE standards,
- Innovative and action-oriented.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Physical ability to work in the field.
Working hours: 8 hours per day.
Working Schedule: 5 days / week (Sunday to Thursday)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Site Engineering
UG:B.Sc - Other Specialization
Navayuga Consultancy Service
Contact Company:Navayuga Consultancy Service